A couple of days ago I got an e-mail from Land's End that blew me away.
The e-mail was promoting a charitable event, promoting winter coat donations for the homeless. They did a great job with the targeting, knowing that I live in the Boston area, including a Boston landing page.
The video's call to action was for me to watch a video about the program, and it promised to include me in a starring role. The video was very heartwarming, showing the life of a Land's End jacket, making it into the hands of a homeless person.

What amazed me was at the end, they show a homeless person getting a donated jacket, and the name tag inside the jacket was my name! Then they used my name again at the end with another call to action.
The only drawback I saw was that when I used the Forward to a Friend function to send a copy to myself, I actually got 4 copies of the forwarded e-mail!
No comments:
Post a Comment